tgetent core dump on sco xenix

Steven P. Donegan donegan at stanton.TCC.COM
Mon Jul 11 00:07:34 AEST 1988

In article <517 at cimcor.UUCP>, mike at cimcor.UUCP (Michael Grenier) writes:
> : int *i, **p;
> :
> : i = 0;
> : if (i != 0)
> :   printf("Broken compiler\n");
> :
> : p = &i /* ie, not 0 */
          ^
          syntax error - needs ';'

> : if (p == 0)
> :   printf("Broken compiler\n");
> :
> : surely it can handle the "integer constant 0" business (and if it
> : doesn't handle either, you don't want it).  I can't remember if uPort
> : did this right with their 286 unix, but I expect better of SCO.
>

> uPort has no problem with this.
>
>     -Mike Grenier
>      mike at cimcor.mn.org

With the exception of the syntax error above, SCO 2.2.1 handled this program
fragment properly on my system. What exactly are you all trying to say about
the compiler being broken? What version of SCO's development system was under
discussion - my news feed has been down for about 8-10 days and I'm not at all
sure what point is trying to be made here. Thanks for any feedback...