serial to parallel

Vogel wrv at ihlpm.ATT.COM
Wed Jul 13 04:19:18 AEST 1988

There is a company called Tigertronics in California making
these beasties.  I don't know their phone number, but they're
in BYTE magazine.  I personally bought one and use it to connect
an EPSON RX-80 to a serial port on a MASSCOMP system.  It works fine,
except that it needs hardware RTS/CTS flow control and does not
support XON/XOFF (it's not an intelligent convertor).  Fortunately
my masscomp uses Central Data serial I/O cards, which handle
EIA flow control with no problem.  The price was about $70.
This was several years ago; I hope they're still in business.

	-Bill Vogel, (312) 416-4116
	...ihnp4!ihlpm!wrv