WD1006 Controller on 386/ix

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Wed Jul 27 17:58:40 AEST 1988

In article <4796 at bigtex.uucp>, james at bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) writes:
> However, if a file system gets this badly fragmented, it should
> probably be cleaned up for speed.  In particular, I re-load my
> /usr/local directory regularly so that emacs and other binaries are
> kept unfragmented for quick loading by my 1:1 controller (WD1007/WA2).

I don't quite understand this statement.  I would think that unless you are
creating and removing a lot of files in that directory (fs), in particular the
binaries you are talking about, you wouldn't be fragmenting.. this is, in
essence, a read/only situation.
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
			w(612)681-6986