serial to parallel

Mark Dornfeld romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Thu Jul 14 11:56:16 AEST 1988

In article <3204 at edm.UUCP> steve at edm.UUCP (Stephen Samuel) writes:
>From article <849 at gaboon.UUCP>, by asv at gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket):
> A client needs to utilize several existing parallel printers on his SCO
> xenix system. I am in need of a converter to utilize these on serial
> lines as all parallel ports are spoken for. Would someone suggest a

There are a number of converters on the market, some with
buffers.  One that we have used is called a "Microfazer".
They are difficult to set up.  Also, try Black Box company.
They have a full line of boxes that do just about anything you
can dream up.

Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
M5S 2C6

mark at utgpu!rom      - or -     romwa at utgpu