uugetty for SCO Xenix

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Wed Jul 27 02:20:00 AEST 1988

Written 10:06 am  Jul 22, 1988 by csnz.UUCP!paul in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>Hi - we'd like to provide remote support to our SCO/Xenix sites via
>modem, yet still allow them to call out to access databases.  Now
>this can be done with something like
>
>disable tty1a
>cu modem
>.... session
>~.
>enable tty1a
>
>What I would like is a version of uugetty for SCO/Xenix, that can
>recognise when a modem port is being used, and not issue any login
>prompt to that port.  Can someone tell me if such a thing exists?

SCO already provides something called ungetty.  Cu automatically
invokes it such that you don't have to do the disable/enable commands
in the above steps.  It's a little kludgey, but it works ... usually.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			ihnp4!sys1!cpe!tif