16-bit compress for SCO XENIX-286 2.2.1

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 15:44:36 AEST 1988

In article <12660 at mimsy.UUCP> meyer at mimsy.UUCP (John R. Meyer) writes:
>	I am looking for the sources for a 16-bit compress/uncompress program
>that works on SCO XENIX-286 2.2.1 on an IBM PC-AT.  Could someone out there
>mail them to me with an appropriate Makefile?

according to joe orost, the compress distributed with the news source should
work just fine.  i have a version which has been compiled using the 386
compiler and run successfully on a 286.  compiling with the 286 compiler
produces an executable which won't run for some totally unknown reason.

try compiling the compress which came with your news software.  if all else
fails, i can make mine available.  tho, as i said it seems to invoke some
loader bug ...

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with