SCO Xenix/386 and large drives

Dave Burton daveb at laidbak.UUCP
Wed Jul 20 00:37:42 AEST 1988

In article <11560 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <80 at iisat.UUCP> kevin at iisat.UUCP (Kevin Davies) writes:
>| Does anyone know whether or not SCO Xenix/386 2.2.2 can handle
>| hard drives that have more than 1024 cylinders (under ESDI) ?
>
>  I know there's an ESDI version, we got one by mistake. Hope that helps.

I talked with SCO recently about ESDI drives (for a Dell System 310
with a 90 Meg ESDI drive). SCO has two versions of Xenix for the 386 -
one with a driver for "ST506 bus interface ESDI" and a special one for
"OMTI bus interface ESDI". The O-M-T-I version costs $100 more than the
stock version (ST506), or about $300 more if bought as an upgrade.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with SCO.