Please remove PD-YACC sources from your machine IMMEDIATELY

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Wed Jul 6 00:51:44 AEST 1988

In article <1327 at csccat.UUCP>, loci at csccat.UUCP (Chuck Brunow) writes:
> In article <3532 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
> >[ Sorry for the wide posting.  This really is very important ]
>
> 	This is an incredible botch!

why?  you managed to see it.  i suspect most of the systems on that
list will have someone there who managed to see it.  in particular,
since those groups are where the instructions for accessing the system
are posted.

> 	BTW, you checked his copyright?

i don't think mr. wilson will mind one bit.  i would even go so far as
saying it would be in at&t's best interest for that letter to be broadcast.

> >Immediately after the letter is a list of systems which may have
> >received a copy of YACC via anonymous UUCP.
>
> 	I checked. It is. I don't. But why am I listed with the entire
> 	who's who? Did I have anything whatsoever to do with this mess?
> 	NO! And I really don't like lists like this a bit.

have you had access to this machine?  yes.  could you have picked up the
sources?  yes.  have you been notified to remove them?  yes.  i think
i covered my ass pretty well.  and i don't care if you don't like it.

> 	                                             I wouldn't care
> 	if you'd leave me out of it, but you want to play at name-dropping,
> 	"oooo look kiddies, all these connections", and link everyone with
> 	your foul-up.

no, but if you'd like me to play ``oooo look kiddies, all these connections'',
i could post a few dozen more names.  by nature this system has gobs of
connections.  did anyone not know that???  is anyone amazed???  does anyone
really care???

> 	Just what are you trying to say? Everyone who has access by
> 	any means (anon uucp, PC Pursuit) is touched. Why do you
> 	feel compelled to be so grandious? Did your dog die or something?

i thought it was obvious.  but then you have been trying to bully the net
about with your recent arrival anyhow.  and no, i don't own a dog.  are
you trying to out do even my reputation?

> 	                                  Are you sure you can handle
> 	a great big 386 all by yourself? Maybe you need training wheels?

well, i don't know.  let's see what you have.

#N	loci
#S	AT&T 7300 ; Unix SysV, v3.0
#O	Loci Products
#C	Charles L. Brunow

hummm.  are you sure you can handle a four year old obsolete 68010?
and what exactly was the clock rate on that unix-pc of yours?  maybe
we should discuss MIPS.  and what was the baud rate on that modem?
something like 1200?  please, don't be a complete asshole, chuck.
your assholeyness starts to show when you attack a man's computer
and dog.  next are we going to play `` my brother can beat up your
brother '', or are you just going to take your ball and go home?

> 	Why do you keep changing your names?

because i feel like it.

>                                             Are you
> 	embarrassed to go by one name and live with what you say?

nope.  would you like me to repeat something i said?

> 	Are you getting set-up to pull a bone-head JJ stunt?

hummm.  i feel it in my bones ...  a bone-head jj stunt ..... hmmmmmm.

> 	Why don't you just tell us what's next so we can avoid the
> 	rush to dis-connect.

nope.  you've already been disconnected.  i don't think you have any
more worries.  i suspect you will also discover that you can't get
connected.  even using the anonymous uucp login.  i will also soon
be working on an anti-loci program.  i was going to use it just for
keeping obnoxious fools out of here, but i suppose i can add loci.uucp
to the list.

> 			CLBrunow - KA5SOF
> 	Loci Products, POB 833846-131, Richardson, Texas 75083
> 	   clb at loci.uucp, loci at killer.uucp, loci at csccat.uucp

remember that name boys and girls.  would you buy a product from this
bozo?  and may the russian woodpecker infest your radio shack and set
up permanent residence in your earphone.  oh, yes, since we are obviously
trading insults, may all of your cq's go unanswered.

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with