Bell Tech 386 SysVr3

Duck duck at sp7040.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 06:12:30 AEST 1988

In article <465 at sp7040.UUCP>, jsp at sp7040.UUCP (John Peters) writes:

> I know that I am going to get flamed on all this (Hi Terry) but I do feel
> SCO is misleading the public with their advertisments for Zenix System V.
> It is not AT&T System V Compatable and I beleive SCO is trying to
> capitalize on the bandwagon.

You don't have to look that far from home to get flamed on this. Exactly
what is SCO saying that is "misleading the public" ?

> On the other hand, maybe we can finally cut out the System V - BSD - Zenix
> wars when System V Release 4 comes out.  Somehow I doubt that SCO will be
> willing to relinquish being different.

Why should SCO relinquish being different when most of their differences
represent added value?  Like Multiscreens, DOS cross development,
CGI, tape drivers, RAM disk, etc., etc..

Unisys sells over 600 copies of SCO Xenix each month.  Compared to the number
of UN*X systems we sell, I'd say the popularity of Xenix goes a long
way in paying your salary.  Be careful about biting the hand that really
feeds you.  It couldn't hurt to spell it right, either.

-------
Duck
Unisys Xenix development
Salt Lake City
{ ihnp4 | hpda | utah-cs!utah-gr!uplherc }!sp7040!duck