19.2 Kbaud Serial under Xenix

Joe Bob Willie haugj at pigs.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 01:14:28 AEST 1988

In article <208 at ISIDAPS5.UUCP>, mike at ISIDAPS5.UUCP (Mike Maloney) writes:
> I have Xenix System V, version 2.2.2 and need to support 19.2 Kbaud
> for some software I am writing.  The xenix documentation ( stty(C),
> stty(HW), termio(M) ) leads me to believe that only up to 9600 is
> supported.
>
>    Is there an undocumented way to get the terminal driver to
>    go to 19.2?

i'm not certain the documentation doesn't say that EXTA works, however,
it does work.  i have used EXTA on SCO 2.2.1 on a '386 with a completely
stupid serial card at 19.2Kbaud with no problems.

i believe a quick look in the /etc/gettydefs files will reveal the
relevant settings for a 19.2Kbaud login line.  turning on the EXTA
bits in c_cflag with

	termio.c_cflag &= ~CBAUD;
	termio.c_cflag |= EXTA;

aught to get you there.  i don't know if EXTB will get you to 38.4,
since i don't have a terminal at home which goes that fast, but i
suspect it will.

- john.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh at rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune