Xenix/386 and VGA

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.UUCP
Thu Jun 2 06:52:00 AEST 1988

In an earlier posting I mentioned that we are considering putting
a Bell Technologies BLIT processor in a Xenix/386 machine. I should
have mentioned that because the drivers may not be available, we
would like to use a VGA instead. The VGA's performance is adequate
for our first models.

The only thing we really need is 256 grey levels on a 640x480 screen.
If this can be done with a psuedo VGA card, then we would use that.

Does Xenix 386 support the VGA?  What kind of support does it provide?
Will I be able to issue realatively high level commands to a driver, or
will I have to do low level bit banging to get the job done?

larry

--
Larry Williamson                      Focus Automation Systems
UUCP: watmath!focsys!larry    608 Weber St. N, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 1K4