want TCP/IP/token ring software for Xenix

Usenet news news at pmt1.UUCP
Thu Jun 16 14:12:17 AEST 1988

In article <30 at libove.UUCP>, root at libove.UUCP (The Super User) writes:

> I am about to have the ability to put my xenix machine (SCO Xenix 2.2.1,
> on an IBM PC/AT clone, 80286) on an ethernet by a new networking system
> being developed by Bell of Pennsylvania and Carnegie Mellon University.
>
> Their distribution test apparatus is for MS-Dos machines, or Unix
> machines that support token ring, etc...
>
> So, I need to get software for SCO Xenix that will support a token ring
> card, and TCP/IP communication, e.g. telnet, ftp, ...
>
> Any information would be most appreciated - I will summarize.
> --

About 10 months ago I put out a similar inquiry.
I believe Proteon Corp. may have a token ring card,
and some drivers, but not specifically for SCO Xenix.
There was also no solution available from sco at the time.
Everyone was providing ethernet.

I believe IBM may have written drivers for their token
ring card, but for IBM Xenix.  I believe I recently saw
an IBM announcement dropping support for IBM Xenix.
You might try investigating AIX for the drivers.

But I didn't find a complete package for SCO Xenix
at the time.

I did the same investigation for LU 6.2 support.  Rabbit
said they had support for IBM Xenix, but would need
seed money for SCO Xenix.

I suspect you may find someone who would provide the drivers to
an OEM for up front money.  But I would like to know if
anyone has the drivers ready to go for Xenix users
(token ring or LU 6.2) on an off the shelf basis.