XENIX 386 ESDI Crash

Larry A. Sheilds {runs Lunapark} las at msudoc.ee.mich-state.edu
Sat Mar 12 13:18:31 AEST 1988

I just  got a Compaq20/130 and am also haing some mysterious problems.
It refuses to copy files from DOS diskettes, or it it does it hangs
and the end truncating the file.  XENIX tar files are ok.  Also
my Everex tape drive won't work. Works under DOS but XENIX can't
open it and sometimes tries to read from the floppy drives even
though rct0 is referenced.  I ran mkdev tape, set pararmeters
and relinked the kernal.  Anyone with similar problems?  Any possible
solutions?

LARRY SHIELDS                        UUCP: ...!ihnp4!msudoc!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
E. Lansing, MI 48826                 Compuserve: 70277, 3677

BBS: lunapark 1200/2400 8-1-N  24hrs 7 days a week  (517) 337-3844 login: bbs