I need an RDBMS - based accounting package, capable of fund or cash accounting right out of the box.

Michel Behna rgsmeb at abcom.ATT.COM
Sat Mar 26 03:02:29 AEST 1988

>From article <3523 at dasys1.UUCP>, by tbetz at dasys1.UUCP (Tom Betz):
>         F. Word Processing (>not< Computer Aided Publishing... that's
>                             what the Macs and PCs will be for.);
I suggest that you look at either SCO Lyrix or Tigera's Word Era, although
personally I would suggest the latter. Tigera is in CA, They used to be
Fortune Systems before thhe hardware and software group split. Also you
may want to look at WordPerfect.
Both Word Era and WordPerfect have Unix and DOS packages.
>         G. A fast DBMS with a 4GL,
I suggest you look at either Oracle or Informix 4-GL. I have used Informix
4-GL and I like it. I am unsure about Oracle.
>        H.  A spreadsheet with everything Lotus has, at least.
Try 20/20 as a spreadsheet. It's available from SCO.
>        I.  Capability to run MS-DOS as a subtask of Unix,
>            for any or all users.
Microport 386 with Merge386 will allow this easily. Also you may want to look
at PC-I (PC-interface from Locus?).

As far as integrating Macs into this I don't think many systems out there are
available that will do it. Most are probably unproven on the market or kludgy.

Michel Behna
amdahl!abcom!rgsmeb