SCO Xenix Diskette Driver Bugs?

Ed Tankus tankus at hsi.UUCP
Mon Mar 28 21:20:57 AEST 1988

In article <10127 at steinmetz.steinmetz.ge.com>, davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:

>   Did you try formatting the destination disk and doing the copy with
> 'dd'? It's probably a bug, but until you get a fix you may be able to
> get by with that.
> --
> 	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)
>   {uunet | philabs | seismo}!steinmetz!crdos1!davidsen
> "Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward" -me

No we didn't try that. However, 'dd' uses the same device driver name that TAR
and FORMAT would use.  Since we feel that there is probably a bug in the floppy
device driver, ANY disk to floppy transfers using /dev/fd0135ds18 are no good.

If there really IS a bug, then ANYONE doing disk to floppy transfers under SCO
Xenix on a PS/2 will be affected.  Help is still requested!

Thanks.

-- Ed.

Net  :  {uunet,ihnp4,noao,yale}!hsi!tankus
Snail:  Health Systems Int'l, 100 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511
Bell :  (203) 562-2101