uucico problem???

452IS-Zimmerman wjz at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Wed Mar 9 01:39:30 AEST 1988

In article <1615 at uhccux.UUCP>, todd at uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) writes:

> A friend is experiencing an odd sounding uucico problem with his Xenix 2.2.1
> system.  It seems that uucico does not send a carriage return when a '\r'
> is placed in the sys file.  Instead, it sends a literal backslash (\) 'r'
> (r).  Any ideas what is going on?  Here is his system configuration.
>
> 	Empac 80286 (AT clone)
> 	SCO Xenix/286 2.2.1
> 	AST I/O card (for serial ports)
> 	Racal Vadic 1200B modem
>
> Thanks...todd
>
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Faculty Development Program
> UUCP:		{ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd
> ARPA:		uhccux!todd at nosc.MIL		BITNET: todd at uhccux
> INTERNET:	todd at uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU

I am trying to connect an AT&T PC6300 running Xenix Version 3.0
Release 1.3 to the outside world in two ways:

	1. Through a Hayes modem,

	2. And via a network called "datakit".

In each case, my chat strings in L.sys mimic what I have
used successfully in AT&T UNIX machines (3b2, UNIX PC).
I suspect I have the same problem because I cannot "wake up"
the called end with "\r" like I can with UNIX.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill Zimmerman, ihnp4!ihlpf!wjz, 312-979-7677, cornet 367/-7677