answers to "is there X (or NeWS) for SV/386?"

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.TEK.COM
Fri May 27 03:58:55 AEST 1988

In article <17161 at gatech.edu> ken at gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
<
<
<Microfield:
<
<Another board that I have seen running X, although it was NOT under
<System V/386. This board was running in a system based on the Opus
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
	See below.

<Series 200PM National Semi 32332 coprocessor (in an AT). The Board DOES
<run System V rel. 3.1, so I see no reason why it won't run for the 386
<(Interactive claims support). I played for a while, and respose was
<resonable. The board is called the P8, and i have no info about the
                                    ^^
	It's a "T8"

<board or the company (other than seeing one and having it recomended by
<two different people). I will be pusuing it, however. The display
<looked like a 1280x1024 in 256 colours.
	Correct (except for the spelling :-) )

<
We have Interactive's vp/ix (a SysV/386) running X on T8's and it
works just fine. Microfield is a local company (probably a Tek spin-off)
and we were peripherally involved in their driver development.

keith