Xenix/386 2.3.1 on Monolithic motherboard

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Nov 30 01:17:23 AEST 1988

In article <1988Nov28.184415.1424 at ateng.ateng.com>, chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
. We recently have had occasion to install Xenix/386 2.3.1 on a 386AT system
. based on a Monolithic System Corporation motherboard.
.
. Or to try, anyway.
.
. When booting the N1 floppy, everything works fine until the kernel is
. loaded. :-) Seriously: at the boot prompt the keyboard works, and during the
. kernel load from floppy the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights toggle correctly.
. But once the kernel load completes, Caps Lock and Num Lock -- along with the
. rest of the keyboard -- do nothing at all.

Try slowing down the computer.  If it works then I think there is a problem with
the keyboard io on the board.

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.