Serial Boards

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Wed Nov 9 08:56:29 AEST 1988

In article <2652 at nuchat.UUCP> steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia) writes:
>From article <139 at wobble.UUCP>, by dlu at wobble.UUCP (Doug Urner):
[ Doug's query omitted along with some of Steve's reply, I'm following up
  his comments about the NS16550A ]

>If there is a groundswell of interest in this I would consider
>coordinating a group purchase of the chips - they are not
>stock items in your typical parts shop.

Indeed they are not.  Thanks to a kind soul I was able to borrow some to
send to Steve a while back (small compensation for a nice driver).  After
I had spent months and >$20 apiece for them I found a source who has them
and will sell them for <$10 apiece.  I think out of courtesy to the fellow
we should still do a group purchase and let someone (I'll help) meter them
out to the folks who want them.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,rutgers,sun!daver,uunet!bigtex}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM