Mandatory locking (was Re: the 'l' permission)

Erik Murrey erik at mpx2.UUCP
Mon Nov 28 08:13:53 AEST 1988

In article <1988Nov26.220052.19423 at ateng.ateng.com> chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

>...and unfortunately, despite all protestations to the contrary, SCO Xenix
>does *not* comply with the SVID on this topic.  Even though it's called
>"Xenix System V."

This appears to be fixed in 2.3.1.  The release notes state that you
can select either advisory or mandatory in the x.out header.

I haven't tested this, so don't flame me if it doesn't work...

... Erik--
Erik Murrey                            /|   //  /~~~~/  |  /
MPX Data Systems, Inc.                / | / /  /____/   |/
erik at mpx2.UUCP                       /  /  /  /        /|  Data Systems, Inc.
{spl1,vu-vlsi,bpa}!mpx1!erik        /     /  /       /  |====================