CALL FOR VOTES - comp.bbs.xbbs

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Sat Nov 5 23:27:00 AEST 1988

In article <417 at chief.UUCP> root at chief.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
>I'm calling for votes, either YES or NO, for a new news group called
>  comp.bbs.xbbs
>
>This group would discuss different areas concerning one of the fastest growing
>*nix BBSes around. Also the source and revisions will be posted here to make
>it easy for people to keep current with XBBS. Also utilities that people write
>for it will be made available for it here.

OH NO, another XBBS devotee run amuk :-} !!!

Seriously Lance, there is something called net procedure in doing things like
proposing new groups; you will find such information in news.announce.newusers.
Your behavior suggests you need to read it. Please note this is not some put-
down of XBBS ( afterall note that sandy posts off of my system :-} ), but
trying to ram something past accepted protocol won't help your 'cause' either.

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA