Xenix & RLL

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Nov 4 07:01:00 AEST 1988

I run Xenix on an Adaptek RLL controller and ST4096 and ST251 (not even
-1). I have no problem since identifying the bad tracks. After using the
Adaptek tests to find all the bad tracks I could, and letting Xenix beat
on the drive a while, I installed Xenix and started running. The disk
ran a week and corrupted, several times... Finally I looked in messages
and saw that the first few problems were always on the same tracks. I
didn't even reformat, just used badtrk to get rid of those tracks, and
everything ran for eight weeks. The system is down for other reasons at
the moment, but the controller seems fine.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)