VP/ix and the EGA

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Wed Nov 9 05:37:00 AEST 1988

In article <226 at ncr-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Does some one know of or have an alternate character set for the
>ROMEGA under VP/ix. The shipped set has got to be the ugliest
>garbage I have ever seen on a tube.

Agreed.  Under ISC's older version of VP/ix, I just copied the ROM
that came with the Paradise EGA/480 into ROMEGA to get a better character
set and support for the extended modes.  But under the 'new' version
of VP/ix (1.10, I think), this doesn't work (locks up the computer).
I would guess that the Xenix flavor of VP/ix also shares this misfeature.

>How about a new group for VP/ix?

Seeing that we couldn't even get enough support (positive OR negative)
on the group renaming, I doubt that VP/ix could drum up enough support,
either.
--
Rick Richardson | JetRoff "di"-troff to LaserJet Postprocessor|uunet!pcrat!dry2
PC Research,Inc.| Mail: uunet!pcrat!jetroff; For anon uucp do:|for Dhrystone 2