How much memory is needed for Unix/Xenix?

leech at tlab1.cs.unc.edu leech at tlab1.cs.unc.edu
Fri Nov 11 09:00:23 AEST 1988

    I'm planning a 386 system purchase in the next few months. I would
like to run with 2 Meg, since it's my own $$$ involved. It seems that
Sys V/386 will not run in 2 Meg, but Xenix 386 will; could anyone with
actual experience comment on this? Also, how much impact will this
have on single-user operation - will a 2 Meg system be unusably slow?
Darn those DRAM prices anyway.
    Thanks in advance!
--
    Jon Leech (leech at cs.unc.edu)    __@/
    ``The tuba recital is one of the most memorable experiences of