crypt

Victor I Poon vipoon at kepler1.UUCP
Wed Nov 30 00:03:11 AEST 1988

In article <1238 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov> BOB at earth.arc.nasa.gov.arpa (Bob Day) writes:
>I've just started writing an application in which I need crypt (the password
>encryption function), but much to my surprise I've discovered that it's not
>there (Xenix 2.2.3).  It is in the lint library (/usr/lib/llibc), but it's
>not in any of the object libraries (/lib/[LMS]libc.a).  Does anyone know why
>SCO left this one out?

	Since the DES encrytion algorithm is used by so many computers, it
is illegal to ship the routines out of the country, (not that this will
REALLY stop someone if they want it).  You must call up SCO and they will
send you the disks with the crypt libraries on them (as long as your address
is in the US).  You must then compile with a  -lcrypt flag.

	Hope this helps.

--
Victor I. Poon				{acsm, sbcs, polyof}!kepler1!vipoon
Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.