Compatibility of uport and sco with IBM PS/2 model 50Z

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Fri Nov 18 14:45:20 AEST 1988

In article <119 at loligo.fsu.edu> curci at loligo.fsu.edu (Ray Curci) writes:
>I have an IBM PS/2 model 50Z and would like to run some form of UNIX.
>The 50Z is similar to a model 50 except that is has faster memory
>access and a different hard disk controller (I am told).  I have sent off

Microport is currently selling Unix Vr2 for the PS2/60 (286) with support
for ONLY the st-506 hard disk controller.

(* Off the soapbox, IMHO: (I'm not involved at all with the PS/2 engineering)
   Support for the ESDI controller (and the Model [78]0) "should" be avaliable
   late 1Q89.  If the Model 50Z uses the same ESDI controller as the 60/70/80,
   this new version "should" also work on it.
*)

  -John Plocher