bell tech vs microport (I'm going to upgrade)

Paul Traina pst at canary.cdi.com
Fri Nov 25 05:41:56 AEST 1988

I'm currently an owner of Microport SV/AT (286),  and I'm in the process of
upgrading my machine.  I've just purchased an RLL disk controller, and am
going to get a 386 in the very near future.  I know uport SV/AT 2.4 supports
the RLL disk controller, so my first idea was just going with uport.

However, since I am going to get a 386, I'm trying to decide which way I
should go (uport vs bell tech).

Does bell tech support the Adaptec 2732 RLL controller?
How much would it cost to purchase a complete bell tech system?
(I hear the uport upgrade will cost me slightly under $500).

Who is more reliable these days?  I've been reasonably satisfied with my
uport equipment,  but the idea of running X on my home computer is nudging
me towards Bell Tech.  Have they come out with an X11 port for their blitter
board yet?

------
Paul Traina				To believe that what is true for
{uunet|pyramid}!comdesign!pst		you in your private heart is true
pst at cdi.com				for all men, that is genius.