CALL FOR VOTES - comp.bbs.xbbs

Russ "Random" Smith russ at uokmax.UUCP
Fri Nov 11 05:47:59 AEST 1988

[In <420 at chief.UUCP>, root at chief.UUCP said:]
->This is a call for votes and ideas for a new news group - comp.bbs.xbbs
->
Has there been discussion on this?  Hmmmmmmmmm.

->This news group would be for the discussion relating to the XBBS bbs
->software. Also the distribution of utilities, updates, source code,
->and ideas.
->
->Please mail all votes to one of the address below. They must reach me by
->Nov 27, 1988 to be counted. Please send all YES and NO votes.
->
I might point out at this time that there was absolutely NO interest to speak
of six months ago for comp.bbs ... mind you, that was before rob and I sent
out alt.bbs, which has a pretty fair amount of traffic.

Therefore, perhaps we should _discuss_ the possibility of comp.bbs in
general.  Personally, I haven't seen many posts about xbbs, so I don't see
how you could justify a newsgroup for it.

->Thank you for your ideas,
->
->Lance Ellinghouse

                                  "I can't understand why a person will