1:1 controllers and Xenix

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sun Nov 27 13:46:17 AEST 1988

When I installed a 1:1 Adaptek 2372 controller I expected the track
buffering to make the disk run a lot faster. Instead the transfer rate
in Xenix is down, while the DOS rate is way up.

There was some discussion in one of these groups indicating that xenix
is resetting the controller with every i/o, causing a full track read in
every case, and that there is a patch or option to fix the problem. Can
someone tell me how to do this? Also is it in the 2.3.1 release notes
where I've missed it, or is this yet another case of "fix it by voodoo"?

Thanks for any help available, I'll try SCO when they get back from
holiday, but I believe I saw the answer go by here already.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)