News expire(8) Suddenly Runs Out Of File Descriptors?

Tony Olekshy tony at oha.UUCP
Tue Nov 1 15:49:22 AEST 1988

Sorry to bother everyone with this, but our SCO Xenix 2.1.3 expire command
from 2.11b patchlevel 14 used to work, and now it generates

	expire: Cannot open .../lib/history.d/9 (w+): Too many open files

near the end of the expire run.  I've found the place in the code, but
before I try to find out what's going on I'm trying to find out if anyone
else has experienced this and figured it out.

Thanks, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony at oha.UUCP).