uusub for HDB uucp

Larry Dighera root at conexch.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 02:19:02 AEST 1988

In article <269 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>Having just upgraded from Version 2 (?) uucp to HDB uucp, I was
>disappointed to find that the program uusub was not available.  I am
>wondering if anyone has a public-domain version which could be adapted
>to HDB?  I use it to moniter the amount of data transmitted during certain
>time periods, and as far as I can tell (I have RTFM) HDB does not supply
>that information.  The HDB uulog program does not provide a summary, but a
>full dump.  The uustat program  does not provide this info either.

You will find that uusub is dependent on /usr/spool/uucp/Syslog,
/usr/spool/uucp/L_sub, and /usr/spool/uucp/R_sub.  HDB UUCP does not
maintain these files.

It looks like SCO has found it to be too much trouble to port uusub to
work with HDB UUCP.  Perhaps it will reappear in a future SCO release?

In the mean time, you will find that uulog is a shell script, so you can
modify it to perform the functionality of uusub.

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)