I fixed the problem with expire(8)s "too many open files".

Tony Olekshy tony at oha.UUCP
Tue Nov 29 02:17:13 AEST 1988

Some time ago, I wrote:

> Sorry to bother everyone with this, but our SCO Xenix 2.1.3 expire command
> from 2.11b patchlevel 14 used to work, and now it generates
>
> 	expire: Cannot open .../lib/history.d/9 (w+): Too many open files

I found out that 2.1.3 opens more than just 3 stdio files at the beginning
of main(), so I now fclose(&_iob[i]) and close(i) for 3 <= i <= _NFILES as
soon as main() gets control.  It ain't pretty, but it appears to work.

Yours, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony at oha.UUCP).