restore and backup

Bob Leffler bob at rel.eds.com
Sat Oct 1 23:06:08 AEST 1988

In article <70 at csnz.nz>, paul at csnz.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
> Last week they had a hard disk crash.  The disk is completely dead.
> The hardware supplier (Olivetti - it's an M28) replaced the hard disk
> with a brand new one.
>
> The restore command, when used to try to restore the entire file system,
> (via the sysadmsh), comes up with the error message:
> Out of space (or similar wording).

My initial guess is that you are trying to restore to a filesystem that
is smaller than the one from which your backups were created.

You might try going into divvy to make your partition slightly larger
and see what happens.  In any case, it's a good habit to write
down what your disk partitions tables are just in case the disk
has to be re-formatted.

--
Bob Leffler - EDS, GM Truck & Bus Account (313)456-5375
bob at rel.eds.com or {uunet!edsews, rutgers, umix}!rel!bob