Everex Tapes vs Xenix

craig chaiken network at hgcvax.uucp
Wed Oct 12 15:54:35 AEST 1988

     I recently purchased a 40 meg streaming tape drive from Archive Corp.
The device works as advertised, but the software is too inflexible for
my needs.  I decided to write my own drivers for the device, so I called
up the technical support division in an effort to get programming specs.
Unfortunately, they were totally uncooperative.
     Does anyone have specs on the QIC-40 format used by this device?
Does anyone have any technical information about programming the
Archive-XL model 5540 1/4-inch streaming-tape drive?

Craig Chaiken
Hartford Graduate Center
Computing Services