QIC tape drive

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Oct 25 20:43:16 AEST 1988

In article <1073 at statware.UUCP>, scf at statware.UUCP (Steve Fullerton) writes:
> Is anyone using a QIC tape drive on a 20Mhz XENIX 386 system
> (QIC24 format)? We are looking for a tape drive that uses a format
> that can be read on Sun, AT&T, and other systems.  What is a good
> tape drive?  SCO's compatible hardware section for release 2.2.3
> only lists the Tecmar QIC-60AT drive.
>
> --
> Steve Fullerton                        Statware, Inc.

I use the Archive tape backup system (long card cntroller only) on my systems.
The tapes can be read without any problems on our SUNs if you use the
/dev/rst8 driver (high density) on the Suns. The reverse is also true.
(tapes written on the Suns can be read under Xenix) Please note that the only
compatible format is "tar".

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz