COM3 with Xenix 2.2.3

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Oct 22 08:07:51 AEST 1988

In article <225 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) writes:

| I have said it before, I will say it again.  RTFM!!!  Com3 and com4 are only
| for use on the Sperry IT 286 boxes (I don't know about the 386).  Sperry,
| now known as Unisys, has some special logic on the board to handle com3 and
| com4.  It is not available and will NOT work on any other computer.  Also,

  I had a chance to get one of the Sperry boards, and called SCO to see
if it would work on non-Sperry systems. They told me it would. The
Sperry guy I got it from also indicated that they were running it in a
clone in the Sperry office (the customers get delivery on machines
before the offices).

  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but all parties seem to think it
would work. The person I spoke with at SCO said that the whole story of
special support was not related to the board I have.

  Note I haven't tried it, I just asked the people who should know.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)