DOS under Xenix

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Thu Oct 27 10:02:47 AEST 1988

In article <267 at psm.UUCP>, jct at psm.UUCP (John Tompkins) writes:
> I am interested in running DOS programs under UNIX, probably Xenix,  on a

[ rest of text left out]

> John C. Tompkins

I have been running VPiX under Xenix386. The following statements are what I
have noticed about the product.

1) The DOS programs run nearly as fast under VPiX as under MSDOS on the
   console. If the programs run on remote terminals, the reduced baud rate
   is definately noticeable when output by the program is required.

2) You need MANY megabytes of memory in your computer for proper operation.
   I would strongly suggest a minimum of 4 megs to start if you have other
   Xenix programs running at the same time.

3) Not all terminals are supported under VPiX. This may cause problems
   for you.

Tou summarize, the product is excellent and is well worth the money.

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz