anybody heard of OMTI?

Image Processing Center ipc at drexel.UUCP
Sun Oct 16 16:08:46 AEST 1988

In article <549 at mpx1.UUCP>, erik at mpx1.UUCP (Erik Murrey) writes:
> SCO tells my that their ESDI version of Xenix
> needs an OMTI ESDI card that differs from the WD-1007ESDI cards.
> It allows the system to work with a 1:1 interleave, rather than
> a 1:3, which would be the case using an St-506 looking ESDI card.
>
> I want to use the 1:1 ESDI system, but I can't find a source for
> the OMTI card ANYWHERE!

OMTI has discontinued the card due to lack of demand. But it seems
to me that there is a misunderstanding about this 1:1 interleave
business. SCO, like any other OS, doesn't know about the interleave
factor of a track buffering controller. Track buffering controllers
exist with the standard AT compatible interface. Therefore, you
don't have a problem unless the WD1007 doesn't have a track buffer.
Since much less expensive controllers, such as the WD1006 and
Adaptec controllers have track buffers, I would expect that the
WD1007 does also.
     The "ST506" paramter you mention has absolutely nothing do do
with the controller to bus interface, or the interleave factor.