pcomm 1.1 on SCO Xenix

Erik Murrey erik at mpx1.UUCP
Mon Oct 10 02:14:49 AEST 1988

I had the 2.1.4 developement system with my 2.1.3 runtime.  There
was a problem with the automatically defined manifests.  It seems that
under -M2, /bin/cc defines both M_I86 AND M_I286.  The caused files
like types.h and param.h to blow up when compiled.  The fix was to USE -M2
and also undefine M_I86  (-UM_I86) on the cc command line.

I have since upgraded to 2.2.1, and whatever developement system
comes with that.  My /bin/cc now only defines M_I286 (or, my
include files are smart enough to cope with both M_I86/M_I286
defined).

If you don't want to upgrade, and you don't feel like passing
the -UM_I86 switch to cc, then edit your include files so that
lines like
#ifdef	M_I86
read
#if	M_I86 && ! M_I286

I think the only files that need changing are types.h and param.h.

--
Erik Murrey                            /|   //  /~~~~/  |  /
MPX Data Systems, Inc.                / | / /  /____/   |/