Xenix uucp problems

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Fri Oct 14 04:51:21 AEST 1988

In article <266 at psm.UUCP> jct at psm.UUCP (John Tompkins) writes:
>We have 4 IBM-ATs runing XENIX 2.2.1 at various locations. We use uuto,
>to update remote locations with updated software we create. About a year ago
>one of the remotes, that had been working fine, decided it wanted to start
>receiving files in "/receive ..." instead of the correct "~/receive ..." where ~
>would be /usr/spool/uucppublic. [...]

My bet is on one or more of the uucp files owner id changing to root,
hence ~/receive is correctly expanded to /receive.  Check the owner and
group ids of all files in /usr/lib/uucp.  Also be sure that the cron file
which invokes uucico is named uucp, so cron executes it as setuid uucp.

Dave Hammond
uunet!masa.com!marob!daveh