SCO Xenix make(1) lacks MFLAGS

Jay Mathew Libove jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 10 05:24:49 AEST 1988

chip at ateng.ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
> According to root at libove.UUCP (Jay M. Libove):
> >On SCO Xenix 2.2.1, the development system 2.2.1 /bin/make program lacks
> >the Berkeley "MFLAGS" macro; from looking through a SysV manual it
> >appears that all SysV's lack this...
>
> Xenxi make has "MAKEFLAGS".  No hyphen, but it works.
>
>         submake:
>                 cd subdir; $(MAKE) -$(MAKEFLAGS)
>
> --
> Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
> A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!
>            Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers.

MAKEFLAGS doesn't work right, doesn't contain the right information.

Jay Libove                      ARPA: jl42 at andrew.cmu.edu, libove at cs.cmu.edu
5731 Centre Avenue, Apt 3	BITNET: jl42 at andrew
Pittsburgh, PA 15206		UUCP: uunet!nfsun!libove!libove
(412) 362-8983			UUCP: psuvax1!pitt!darth!libove!libove