SCO XENIX/386 and a slow lp

Andrew Beattie andrew at riddle.UUCP
Wed Sep 14 22:59:25 AEST 1988

In article <5470 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> toma at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Tom Armistead) writes:
>I have just installed 386 Xenix (SCO) and am having some problems
>with the lp spooler. It runs **REAL** slow, printing about 1 line
>every 1 to 2 seconds, even when there is absolutely nothing else
>happening on the system...

I'll bet my bottom dollar that you are running 2 parallel printers.  This
problem is known and the fix is described in the release notes of your
(HW) manual.

One parallel printer works ok because the interupt is unique but if you have
two then you need to change the system so that the CPU polls the boards (as
opposed to the boards interupting the CPU)