SCO XENIX/386 and a slow lp

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Sep 24 05:59:53 AEST 1988

In article <5470 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> toma at killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Tom Armistead) writes:
>I have just installed 386 Xenix (SCO) and am having some problems
>with the lp spooler. It runs **REAL** slow, printing about 1 line
>every 1 to 2 seconds, even when there is absolutely nothing else
>happening on the system...

You didn't mention what kind of computer nor what kind of printer.
There's been a lot of references to slow spooling on the TANGENT Forum of
Compuserve.
>From memory, the problems alsmost always involved certain DWPrinters of
Tandy's, and the fix was a hardware mod that any RS Computer Center should
know about by now.
--

Time is nature's way of				Jean-Pierre Radley
making sure that everything			..!cmcl2!phri!dasys1!jpr