Help: Hard disk initialization and XENIX

Cheng-Lee Nee cnee at wright.EDU
Thu Sep 29 06:21:09 AEST 1988

I am trying to install the SCO XENIX system V release 2.1.3 on a PC/XT
compatible with a ST-251 40 MB and Western Digit WDXT-GEN controller.
The odd thing happen when I made a mistake at first try. When prompted
with the menu to modify disk parameters, I typed in 'q' for not to
modify the disk parameters (# of cylns, # of heads, etc.). But soon I
found out my ST-251 is 'nonstandard' to my XT compatible. So, I tried
to do the installation all over again. Things odd is, from this time,
the menu for modifying disk parameters disappear forever!
Can anyone tell me how to make the menu comes up again? Unfortunely,
I didn't make backup copies for the N1 and N2 and I don't have any
working XENIX system installed.

Thanks in advance!