comp.unix.{xenix,microport} reorganization CALL FOR VOTES

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Sat Sep 3 14:08:31 AEST 1988

In article <136 at jetson.UPMA.MD.US> john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US (John Owens) writes:
>I've heard that Microsoft and SCO have agreed to stop using the name
>Xenix for the merged product, but since I didn't hear it from
>Microsoft or SCO, I don't believe it 100% yet.

The new product will be called SCO UNIX V/386 or something to that effect.
The name "Xenix" will be gone.  This is about as official as you can get,
it having been announced last week at the SCO Forum '88 conference for
developers and resellers held in Santa Cruz.  There are undoubtedly
press releases as well.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at harvard.harvard.edu
dyer at spdcc.COM aka {harvard,husc6,linus,ima,bbn,m2c,mipseast}!spdcc!dyer