Mouse driver for SCO Xenix 2.2.3

C Hudson Hendren III hudson at vsedev.VSE.COM
Wed Sep 28 02:20:09 AEST 1988

In article <907 at viscous> rosso at sco.COM (Ross Oliver) writes:
>In a previous article hudson at vsedev.VSE.COM (C Hudson Hendren III) writes:
>>Contact SCO.  They have an installable mouse driver which supports the
>>Logitech Bus Mouse
>
>Prior to release 2.3, there is no mouse support or drivers available
>from SCO.
>Ross Oliver
>SCO Technical Support

It amazes me that I have to contradict SCO Technical Support on the subject
of what is available from SCO.

I have a floppy discette which I received from SCO containing Logitech Bus
Mouse drivers for SCO Xenix 286 version 2.2.4.  The label on this discette
bears the SCO logo.  I found out about the drivers from an issue of
_diSCOver_ (The magazine published periodically by SCO).  The discette is
marked "installable mouse drivers" with a bunch of other bureaucratic
hieroglyphics and was mailed to me by calling up SCO and asking for the
"installable mouse drivers".  In fact, they shipped it to me for free.

Now why is [one representative] of SCO Technical Support announcing on a
public network that there are no such drivers?
--
==> ..!uunet!vsedev!hudson  [hudson at vsedev.vse.com]  (C Hudson Hendren III) <==
==> These are my opinions and are not necessarily those of VSE Corporation. <==