Xenix & MASM

C Hudson Hendren III hudson at vsedev.VSE.COM
Tue Sep 20 03:47:51 AEST 1988

In article <416 at marob.MASA.COM> samperi at marob.MASA.COM (Dominick Samperi) writes:
>It appears that the assembler that is supplied with SCO Xenix (386) cannot
>assemble code that is generated by the SCO Xenix C compiler. That is, code
>that is generated via "cc -S -c prog.c" will causes masm to generate error
>messages about the COMM directive, and some other messages about illegal
>ORG arguments, etc.
>Is there some information I'm missing here? Any tips will be greatly
>appreciated.

It says right here in the SCO XENIX Programmer's Reference Manual under the
man page for cc that the -S option to cc creates an assembly listing that is
not suitable for assembly.  The option provides code for reading only.

Can it possibly be stated any more clearly than that or didn't you RTFM?
--
==> ..!uunet!vsedev!hudson  [hudson at vsedev.vse.com]  (C Hudson Hendren III) <==
==> These are my opinions and are not necessarily those of VSE Corporation. <==