"#!" scripts, kernel patches, and Xenix

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Tue Sep 13 03:15:07 AEST 1988

In article <161 at tessera.UUCP> jtc at tessera.UUCP (J.T. Conklin) writes:
>Has anyone patched the kernel exec routine to execute interpreter
>files ("#!" scripts)?

none that i know of.  i don't think it would be too hard for someone
with the source (SCO: hint, hint).

>I'm holding back the urge to dissassemble until I'm sure it hasn't
>been done before.

you will also have to dissassemble quite a few other routines because
exec() is in a file with a few other routines.

>If it hasn't been done, would anyone be interested in it when I
>finish?

i'd be interested if SCO or whoever didn't mind.  what you are
suggesting is highly illegal so i don't think a posting is in order ;-)
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers-=-=-=-=-=-=
               Very Long Address: John.F.Haugh at rpp386.dallas.tx.us
                         Very Short Address: jfh at rpp386
                           "ANSI C: Just say no" -- Me