Not enough core

Roger Murray rem at remsit.UUCP
Tue Sep 13 12:59:09 AEST 1988

I've been working on a program for the last couple of weeks and have run into
a snag.  The last couple of days, I've been adding a few functions to the
program.  They've all been relatively simple; all but one are smaller than
a screen in length.  This afternoon I planned on adding two more (in fact, the
last two).  I added the first one and put in added a few statements so I could
check to see that it worked.  I then put in the second function (which calls
the first) and everything compiled away just fine but when I went to run it,
I got "Not enough core".  The second function is all of three statements, so I
don't see how it could have done much, unless I was at the very edge of
running out of core.

I've been RTFMing (or would that be RingTFM) all afternoon but have yet to
find any references to "Not enought core".  Could somebody tell me what that
means specifically and/or what I can do about it, or at least tell me where in
the FMs I can find the information?

Almost forgot: I'm running SCO Xenix 2.0.4.  The program is small model with
               the -i switch, but medium model without it.  :-)

Thanks a lot.
--
Roger Murray
"Look ma!  No ihnp4!"  :-)