ESDI vs SCSI

hznx at vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU hznx at vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Sat Apr 15 11:28:00 AEST 1989

In article <98994 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> williamt at sun.UUCP (William A. Turnbow) writes:
>	Do you know of any good scsi drivers for the 386 that would be
>usable for one of the Unix's?  At the time I was shopping around, there
>were not even ANY SCSI drivers for microport or interactive (has this
>changed now?).

Talk to your controller vendor, not to your UNIX vendor.  As of 3/18/89,
at least Columbia Data Products, Inc (PO Box 2584,
Alamonte Springs, FL 32714; support (407) 869-6700; BBS (407) 862-4724) had
drivers for Western Digital's 7000-FASST SCSI controller.  Microport,
Interactive, Bell Tech, and XENIX drivers were all available for shipment.

As an aside, the FASST and FASST2 are excellent controllers.  Not too
expensive, live up to their names.

Dan Dulitz
Don't get angry at my mailer -- I am my mailer.